This a lower-sodium version of a traditional Puerto Rican fish stew — also known as Bacalao. Mmmmm! Puerto Rican Fish Stew (aka Bacalao) 2 tbsp EVOO 1 medium onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 lb flaky white fish, like haddok, tilapia, or cod, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces 1 14 oz can diced […]
To take the chill off those cold winter evenings, try this warm tomato salad. You can use Roma tomatoes instead of sugar plum grape tomatoes in this recipe. This roasted tomato salad qualifies as comfort food without being high in fat or calories. And it’s super easy–love it. Roasted Tomato Salad 1 (1 lb) clamshell sugar plum […]
This being one of the months that ends with R means that it’s shellfish season again. Yes, it’s true that some shellfish are high in cholesterol. But according to a statement on what seafood you should eat released by the FDA et al, the type of cholesterol found in shellfish doesn’t have a negative impact on your health. […]
- The Skinny on Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce Recipe November 16, 2011
- Wiser Wednesdays #2: Battle of the Snack Bars July 17, 2013
- Our Soy Milk Picks September 30, 2013
- The Paleo Diet – What’s It all About? November 26, 2014
- Post-Thanksgiving Eating Tips November 26, 2014
- Healthy Holiday Tips for a Lighter Season November 19, 2014
- Meet Zipongo’s Director of Biz Dev Socheata Poeuv November 13, 2014
- Del: This is awesome!...
- Jason Lau, MS, RD, CDN: Thank you so much for your comment! The recommende...
- Lisa: Great post! Because of our other common sources of...
- Bobby Maknoon: Glad you found it useful, Jason!...