This a lower-sodium version of a traditional Puerto Rican fish stew — also known as Bacalao. Mmmmm! Puerto Rican Fish Stew (aka Bacalao) 2 tbsp EVOO 1 medium onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 lb flaky white fish, like haddok, tilapia, or cod, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces 1 14 oz can diced […]
To take the chill off those cold winter evenings, try this warm tomato salad. You can use Roma tomatoes instead of sugar plum grape tomatoes in this recipe. This roasted tomato salad qualifies as comfort food without being high in fat or calories. And it’s super easy–love it. Roasted Tomato Salad 1 (1 lb) clamshell sugar plum […]
This being one of the months that ends with R means that it’s shellfish season again. Yes, it’s true that some shellfish are high in cholesterol. But according to a statement on what seafood you should eat released by the FDA et al, the type of cholesterol found in shellfish doesn’t have a negative impact on your health. […]
- The Skinny on Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce Recipe November 16, 2011
- Baked Apple Recipe November 3, 2011
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Pine Nuts Recipe November 7, 2011
- Four Food Safety Tips to Stay Hale and Hearty October 1, 2014
- Why Seaweed Is So Good — and Good for You Too September 23, 2014
- Condiments 101: The Lowdown on the Top Five September 18, 2014
- Zipongo Welcomes New Hire Jason Prodoehl September 10, 2014
- Jason Lau, MS, RD, CDN: Thank you so much for your comment! The recommende...
- Lisa: Great post! Because of our other common sources of...
- Bobby Maknoon: Glad you found it useful, Jason!...
- 大樂透獎金: Wonderful website, thank You !!...