This a lower-sodium version of a traditional Puerto Rican fish stew. Mmmmm! 2 tbsp EVOO 1 medium onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 lb flaky white fish, like haddok, tilapia, or cod, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes 2 bay leaves 1 Anaheim or poblano chile pepper, chopped […]
2 (15 oz) cans no salt added cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, and divided 1 tbsp EVOO ½ lb ground turkey (mixed breast and thigh meat is preferable) 1 white onion, chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 poblano chiles, seeded and diced 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained 2 tsp chili powder 1 […]
During the winter, I sometimes miss my favorite summer flavors. Here’s a baked version (You know, to take the chill off for those cold winter evenings) of one of my favorite summer tomato salads. You can also use Roma tomatoes in this recipe, if that’s what floats your boat. This recipe qualifies as comfort food […]
We’re back in the R months and the weather is getting colder. To me, this means one thing: Shellfish is in season again! I know, I know, you’re thinking, shellfish? But shellfish are high in cholesterol! That’s sort of true. But according to the statement on what seafood you should eat released by the FDA […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce 12:35 AM
- Roasted Broccoli 9:51 PM
- Apples to Apples 8:18 PM
- Our Soy Milk Picks 7:22 PM
- How to Choose Better Bread 6:46 PM
- Wiser Wednesdays #6: Hummus It Up! 4:39 PM
- Healthy Holiday Series: The Optimal Thanksgiving Plate 2:30 PM
- Healthy Holiday Series: Day After Thanksgiving Tips 7:00 AM
- Sia: I hear good things about the nutribullet. It is a ...
- Chris MacGregor: What about Costco's Kirkland Signature brand soy m...
- Lisa, MS, RD: Very well said, and my feelings exactly! Thank you...
- Erin McCarthy, MS, RD: We'd actually recommend that you look at blenders....