This a lower-sodium version of a traditional Puerto Rican fish stew — also known as Bacalao. Mmmmm! Puerto Rican Fish Stew (aka Bacalao) 2 tbsp EVOO 1 medium onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 lb flaky white fish, like haddok, tilapia, or cod, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces 1 14 oz can diced […]
To take the chill off those cold winter evenings, try this warm tomato salad. You can use Roma tomatoes instead of sugar plum grape tomatoes in this recipe. This roasted tomato salad qualifies as comfort food without being high in fat or calories. And it’s super easy–love it. Roasted Tomato Salad 1 (1 lb) clamshell sugar plum […]
This being one of the months that ends with R means that it’s shellfish season again. Yes, it’s true that some shellfish are high in cholesterol. But according to a statement on what seafood you should eat released by the FDA et al, the type of cholesterol found in shellfish doesn’t have a negative impact on your health. […]
- The Skinny on Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Wiser Wednesdays #2: Battle of the Snack Bars July 17, 2013
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce Recipe November 16, 2011
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Pine Nuts Recipe November 7, 2011
- Why a Big Meal Makes You Sleepy October 22, 2014
- Zipongo Welcomes New Hire Megan Murphy October 16, 2014
- Five Foods High in Sodium That May Surprise You October 14, 2014
- Can Certain Foods Trigger a Headache? October 7, 2014
- Del: This is awesome!...
- Jason Lau, MS, RD, CDN: Thank you so much for your comment! The recommende...
- Lisa: Great post! Because of our other common sources of...
- Bobby Maknoon: Glad you found it useful, Jason!...