It’s always interesting to me to learn about other cultures’ food traditions, especially around relatively universal holidays like New Years. For many Japanese, soba noodles have become a New Years Eve tradition, because they’re symbolic of longevity. And they’re not just a symbol for longevity—they’re rich in protein and fiber, they’re one of the few […]
Winter is coming, which means grapefruit and other citrus is in season. (Woohoo!) I love grapefruit. I’ll peel off the pithy white stuff and eat it like a lot of people eat oranges. But I realize that not everybody is into it, which is unfortunate, Grapefruit offers a lot of great health benefits like lowered […]
Typically, Eggplant Parmesan is not a healthy food choice. Eggplant is a thirsty little sucker. It soaks up a lot of oil when fried, and on top of that, the garden-variety Eggplant Parmesan is usually breaded. Then, after the frying and the breading, there’s the cheese—lots and lots and lots of cheese—which packs on even […]
July 22nd Healthy Deal: Vita Spelt Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Muir Glen Organic Chunky Tomato Sauce Total Calories: 1798 Breakfast Cherry Ginger Granola and Yogurt w/ Strawberries – 445 calories, 4.5g fiber, 80% of Vitamin C, 18.5g protein, high in calcium, full of probiotics for digestive health – 1 cup of Brown Cow lowfat plain […]
July 21st Today’s Healthy Deal – Organic Asparagus Today’s Meals – 1810 Calories Breakfast Peanut Butter Cereal Bowl with Veggie Scramble – 423 calories, 32g high quality protein, high in calcium and Vitamin C & D, probiotics, 4g fiber Peanut Butter Cereal Bowl – 170 calories, 10g protein, 2g fiber, rich with Calcium and Vitamin […]
Hello! This is Andrew Duffy, your friendly Food and Fitness Editor for Zipongo. We’ve been getting some great feedback on Zipongo and how we can help you live healthier, and many of you have asked for guidance on how to incorporate the Healthy Deals into your meals and a healthy lifestyle. So, starting today, we’re […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce November 16, 2011
- Omega Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Our Soy Milk Picks September 30, 2013
- Apples to Apples November 3, 2011
- Five Foods to Beat Stress July 22, 2014
- Five Popular “Health” Foods That Aren’t Really Healthy July 11, 2014
- Drinking Alcohol in a Healthy Diet July 1, 2014
- Restaurants 101: Thai June 26, 2014
- Lindsey Swanson: Finally a source that tries to remain objective an...
- Sia: You forgot "big stack of bacon"!...
- Brad: Great list! And thanks so much for including our c...
- Sia: I hear good things about the nutribullet. It is a ...