Here’s a great low fat, high-protein, high-fiber alternative to garlic mashed potatoes! White beans are also rich in iron, magnesium, B vitamins, and zinc. Watch out for sodium though–canned beans can have a surprising amount, so make sure you get a variety of bean with no salt added (like Eden Organic). This recipe is great [...]
1/3 cup red-wine vinegar 2 tbsp EVOO 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill 1 clove garlic, minced ¼ tsp salt freshly ground black pepper 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans 2 med tomatoes, chopped 1 med cucumber, peeled and chopped ½ c finely chopped red [...]
2 (15 oz) cans no salt added cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, and divided 1 tbsp EVOO ½ lb ground turkey (mixed breast and thigh meat is preferable) 1 white onion, chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 poblano chiles, seeded and diced 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained 2 tsp chili powder 1 [...]
To make this recipe vegan, discard the ham hock, and add 1 tbsp smoked paprika with the thyme leaves. Hoppin’ John, for Luck! 2 tbsp EVOO 1 ham hock ½ cup celery, chopped 1 medium onion, diced 1 small green bell pepper, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained 2 [...]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce November 16, 2011
- Roasted Broccoli November 7, 2011
- Apples to Apples November 3, 2011
- No-Mayo Tuna Salad August 31, 2011
- Buy Food in Bulk to Save Money March 26, 2013
- Healthy Recipes March 12, 2013
- How to Choose Safe Seafood March 11, 2013
- How To Avoid Wasting Food and Keep to your Grocery Budget January 31, 2013
- Selma Draxler: American Health Journal is seeking for partner sit...
- mystery guest: Love this history of tri-tip. Very interesting!...
- Carolyn Murphy: Hi there, Great question! It can sometimes be a l...
- visitor: How come none of your recipes have nutritional ana...