Here’s a great low fat, high-protein, high-fiber alternative to garlic mashed potatoes! White beans are also rich in iron, magnesium, B vitamins, and zinc. Watch out for sodium though–canned beans can have a surprising amount, so make sure you get a variety of bean with no salt added (like Eden Organic). This recipe is great […]
1/3 cup red-wine vinegar 2 tbsp EVOO 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill 1 clove garlic, minced ¼ tsp salt freshly ground black pepper 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans 2 med tomatoes, chopped 1 med cucumber, peeled and chopped ½ c finely chopped red […]
2 (15 oz) cans no salt added cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, and divided 1 tbsp EVOO ½ lb ground turkey (mixed breast and thigh meat is preferable) 1 white onion, chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 poblano chiles, seeded and diced 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained 2 tsp chili powder 1 […]
To make this recipe vegan, discard the ham hock, and add 1 tbsp smoked paprika with the thyme leaves. Hoppin’ John, for Luck! 2 tbsp EVOO 1 ham hock ½ cup celery, chopped 1 medium onion, diced 1 small green bell pepper, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained 2 […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce November 16, 2011
- Apples to Apples November 3, 2011
- Our Soy Milk Picks September 30, 2013
- Roasted Broccoli November 7, 2011
- What Oils Should You Cook With? August 14, 2014
- Five Hidden Sources of Sugar August 12, 2014
- Three Healthy Snack Ideas August 5, 2014
- How to Build a Green Smoothie July 29, 2014
- Bobby Maknoon: Hi Liliana, The ...
- liliana: Thanks for the helpful post. Obviously we should...
- Lauren: Excellent list. Always looking for a lower calorie...
- jayashree: nice article...