Here’s a great low fat, high-protein, high-fiber alternative to garlic mashed potatoes! White beans are also rich in iron, magnesium, B vitamins, and zinc. Watch out for sodium though–canned beans can have a surprising amount, so make sure you get a variety of bean with no salt added (like Eden Organic). This recipe is great […]
1/3 cup red-wine vinegar 2 tbsp EVOO 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill 1 clove garlic, minced ¼ tsp salt freshly ground black pepper 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans 2 med tomatoes, chopped 1 med cucumber, peeled and chopped ½ c finely chopped red […]
2 (15 oz) cans no salt added cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, and divided 1 tbsp EVOO ½ lb ground turkey (mixed breast and thigh meat is preferable) 1 white onion, chopped 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 poblano chiles, seeded and diced 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained 2 tsp chili powder 1 […]
To make this recipe vegan, discard the ham hock, and add 1 tbsp smoked paprika with the thyme leaves. Hoppin’ John, for Luck! 2 tbsp EVOO 1 ham hock ½ cup celery, chopped 1 medium onion, diced 1 small green bell pepper, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained 2 […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce 12:35 AM
- Roasted Broccoli 9:51 PM
- Our Soy Milk Picks 7:22 PM
- Wiser Wednesdays #2: Battle of the Snack Bars 12:36 PM
- Update: The Heartbleed Bug 5:08 PM
- What is Inflammation? 3:39 PM
- The Skinny on Fried Foods 9:59 AM
- Artificial Sweeteners: Pros, Cons, and Alternatives 3:15 PM
- Lindsey Swanson: Finally a source that tries to remain objective an...
- Sia: You forgot "big stack of bacon"!...
- Brad: Great list! And thanks so much for including our c...
- Sia: I hear good things about the nutribullet. It is a ...