Happy Thanksgiving! Here’s a quick, simple recipe for roasted carrots and parsnips with shallots that will add a pop of color to your Thanksgiving table. The recipes calls for leaving the peels on the rainbow carrots and parsnips, but feel free to peel them if that’s what you prefer. Roasted Rainbow Carrots and Parsnips with Shallots 1½ […]
When it comes to vegetable dishes, vegans know what’s up. Sometimes vegetarians add flavor to veggie dishes by covering everything with cheese, but vegans don’t have that option. A lot of vegan chefs have come up with some pretty incredible healthy flavors, relying on plant-based foods like onions and fresh herbs rather than fat-heavy cheeses. Give this […]
Have I mentioned that I love roasted squash? Oh my gosh, do I ever. I also recently discovered pumpkin curry at a restaurant near my office in San Francisco, and now Kabocha pumpkins are probably one of my favorite things to eat. This recipe is great with a single type of squash, or a couple […]
Grapefruit Arugula Salad with Coconut Yogurt Dressing Coconut Yogurt Dressing 1 garlic clove 1 tsp sea salt 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt 1 palmful fresh tarragon, chopped 1 palmful sweetened flaked coconut juice and zest of one lime 2 tbsp EVOO ½ tsp freshly ground pepper Grapefruit Arugula Salad 2 large Organic Rio Star Grapefruit […]
Plain ol’ Thanksgiving mashed potatoes? Nah. Idaho Russets with heavy cream, while a popular classic, are not exactly a healthy option for a Thanksgiving side dish. Yukon Gold potatoes have a lot more flavor than Idaho Russets, and since their texture is much creamier naturally, they don’t require a lot of heavy cream to make […]
Thanksgiving can be a little stressful, especially when you have a large crowd, and you’re cooking a lot of food. This recipe will make your life easier. It takes very little effort, and it only requires 5 ingredients–but those 5 ingredients are a powerhouse! The garlic gets nice and toasty, and it melts together with […]
Like most Americans, you’ve probably had cranberry sauce out of a can for Thanksgiving at some point in your life. Did you know though that the popular brand of canned, jellied cranberry sauce has 21 grams of sugar per serving? The ingredients include cranberries, high fructose corn syrup, water and corn syrup. There are no […]
- The Skinny on Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce Recipe November 16, 2011
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Pine Nuts Recipe November 7, 2011
- Baked Apple Recipe November 3, 2011
- Why Seaweed Is So Good — and Good for You Too September 23, 2014
- Condiments 101: The Lowdown on the Top Five September 18, 2014
- Zipongo Welcomes New Hire Jason Prodoehl September 10, 2014
- The Best Granola Brand – Taste-Test Approved September 10, 2014
- Jason Lau, MS, RD, CDN: Thank you so much for your comment! The recommende...
- Lisa: Great post! Because of our other common sources of...
- Bobby Maknoon: Glad you found it useful, Jason!...
- 大樂透獎金: Wonderful website, thank You !!...