2 Dungeness crabs, 2+ lbs each, cracked and cleaned 2 tbsp EVOO + drizzle 1 medium shallot, chopped 1 palmful fresh rosemary, leaves picked and chopped 1 palmful fresh thyme, leaves picked and chopped ½ cup white wine ¼ cup canola oil 8 to 10 garlic cloves, pureed freshly ground black pepper sea salt italian […]
This tasty crab cake recipe cuts down on fat by calling for the patties to get baked rather than fried. And instead of mayonnaise, you can use plain non-fat yogurt — which makes these a fairly healthy version of crab cake. 1 lb fresh crabmeat (2 cups), patted dry 1 cup + 1/2 cup Japanese panko […]
This being one of the months that ends with R means that it’s shellfish season again. Yes, it’s true that some shellfish are high in cholesterol. But according to a statement on what seafood you should eat released by the FDA et al, the type of cholesterol found in shellfish doesn’t have a negative impact on your health. […]
- The Skinny on Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Wiser Wednesdays #2: Battle of the Snack Bars July 17, 2013
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce Recipe November 16, 2011
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Pine Nuts Recipe November 7, 2011
- Why a Big Meal Makes You Sleepy October 22, 2014
- Zipongo Welcomes New Hire Megan Murphy October 16, 2014
- Five Foods High in Sodium That May Surprise You October 14, 2014
- Can Certain Foods Trigger a Headache? October 7, 2014
- Del: This is awesome!...
- Jason Lau, MS, RD, CDN: Thank you so much for your comment! The recommende...
- Lisa: Great post! Because of our other common sources of...
- Bobby Maknoon: Glad you found it useful, Jason!...