It’s always interesting to me to learn about other cultures’ food traditions, especially around relatively universal holidays like New Years. For many Japanese, soba noodles have become a New Years Eve tradition, because they’re symbolic of longevity. And they’re not just a symbol for longevity—they’re rich in protein and fiber, they’re one of the few […]
8 oz whole wheat DeCecco spaghetti noodles 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced 1 cup shredded purple cabbage 1 cup broccoli florets 2 garlic cloves, sliced 4 tsp minced fresh ginger 4 green onions, sliced ½ cup almond slivers EVOO Crushed red pepper flakes (optional) 3 tbsp almond butter 3 tbsp water 3 […]
Winter is coming, which means grapefruit and other citrus is in season. (Woohoo!) I love grapefruit. I’ll peel off the pithy white stuff and eat it like a lot of people eat oranges. But I realize that not everybody is into it, which is unfortunate, Grapefruit offers a lot of great health benefits like lowered […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce 12:35 AM
- Our Soy Milk Picks 7:22 PM
- Roasted Broccoli 9:51 PM
- Apples to Apples 8:18 PM
- Cooking with Alcohol 11:58 AM
- Homemade Healthy: Cholesterol-Friendly Hamburger 8:28 PM
- Cholesterol 101 5:43 PM
- Top Foods for your Heart 4:18 PM
- Lindsey Swanson: Finally a source that tries to remain objective an...
- Sia: You forgot "big stack of bacon"!...
- Brad: Great list! And thanks so much for including our c...
- Sia: I hear good things about the nutribullet. It is a ...