It’s always interesting to me to learn about other cultures’ food traditions, especially around relatively universal holidays like New Years. For many Japanese, soba noodles have become a New Years Eve tradition, because they’re symbolic of longevity. And they’re not just a symbol for longevity—they’re rich in protein and fiber, they’re one of the few […]
8 oz whole wheat DeCecco spaghetti noodles 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced 1 cup shredded purple cabbage 1 cup broccoli florets 2 garlic cloves, sliced 4 tsp minced fresh ginger 4 green onions, sliced ½ cup almond slivers EVOO Crushed red pepper flakes (optional) 3 tbsp almond butter 3 tbsp water 3 […]
Winter’s on its way and that means grapefruits and other citrus are in season. Eating grapefruits offers a lot of great health benefits like lowering your LDL cholesterol and triglycerides along with giving you a big dose of vitamin C. The following recipe for Soba Noodle Salad with Grapefruit and Spicy Peanut Sauce is great, because it removes […]
- The Skinny on Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Wiser Wednesdays #2: Battle of the Snack Bars July 17, 2013
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce Recipe November 16, 2011
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Pine Nuts Recipe November 7, 2011
- Why a Big Meal Makes You Sleepy October 22, 2014
- Zipongo Welcomes New Hire Megan Murphy October 16, 2014
- Five Foods High in Sodium That May Surprise You October 14, 2014
- Can Certain Foods Trigger a Headache? October 7, 2014
- Del: This is awesome!...
- Jason Lau, MS, RD, CDN: Thank you so much for your comment! The recommende...
- Lisa: Great post! Because of our other common sources of...
- Bobby Maknoon: Glad you found it useful, Jason!...