This chicken is incredible. Incredible, like this: There’s something magical about this combination of herbs and spices, with the lemon juice and white wine. And the beauty of it is, you probably have most of these things at home in your fridge right now, which makes it easy to keep chicken breasts in your freezer […]
Here’s a great low fat, high-protein, high-fiber alternative to garlic mashed potatoes! White beans are also rich in iron, magnesium, B vitamins, and zinc. Watch out for sodium though–canned beans can have a surprising amount, so make sure you get a variety of bean with no salt added (like Eden Organic). This recipe is great […]
This a lower-sodium version of a traditional Puerto Rican fish stew. Mmmmm! 2 tbsp EVOO 1 medium onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 lb flaky white fish, like haddok, tilapia, or cod, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes 2 bay leaves 1 Anaheim or poblano chile pepper, chopped […]
1/3 cup red-wine vinegar 2 tbsp EVOO 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill 1 clove garlic, minced ¼ tsp salt freshly ground black pepper 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans 2 med tomatoes, chopped 1 med cucumber, peeled and chopped ½ c finely chopped red […]
1 tbsp EVOO 3 cloves garlic, sliced 1 fresh red chili (optional) 1 jar Newman’s Own Pasta Sauce freshly ground black pepper red wine vinegar 4 white fish fillets (like cod, tilapia, or mahi-mahi) sea salt a handful of black olives 1 tbsp capers, drained a handful of fresh basil, torn 1. Add olive oil […]
When it comes to vegetable dishes, vegans know what’s up. Sometimes vegetarians get a little lazy and add favor to veggie dishes by covering everything with cheese, but vegans don’t have that luxury (I know—I used to be one). A lot of vegan chefs have come up with some pretty incredible, totally healthy flavors, relying […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce 12:35 AM
- Roasted Broccoli 9:51 PM
- Apples to Apples 8:18 PM
- Our Soy Milk Picks 7:22 PM
- 20 Healthy Breakfast Ideas 2:47 PM
- How to Choose Better Bread 6:46 PM
- Wiser Wednesdays #6: Hummus It Up! 4:39 PM
- Healthy Holiday Series: The Optimal Thanksgiving Plate 2:30 PM
- Sia: I hear good things about the nutribullet. It is a ...
- Chris MacGregor: What about Costco's Kirkland Signature brand soy m...
- Lisa, MS, RD: Very well said, and my feelings exactly! Thank you...
- Erin McCarthy, MS, RD: We'd actually recommend that you look at blenders....