Juice of one ruby red grapefruit 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp agave syrup 2 garlic cloves, minced 2 tsp EVOO 2 salmon fillets (4 oz each) ¼ tsp sea salt freshly ground black pepper 1. In a small saucepan, bring the grapefruit juice, vinegar, syrup, and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, […]
Winter is coming, which means grapefruit and other citrus is in season. (Woohoo!) I love grapefruit. I’ll peel off the pithy white stuff and eat it like a lot of people eat oranges. But I realize that not everybody is into it, which is unfortunate, Grapefruit offers a lot of great health benefits like lowered […]
Grapefruit Arugula Salad with Coconut Yogurt Dressing Coconut Yogurt Dressing 1 garlic clove 1 tsp sea salt 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt 1 palmful fresh tarragon, chopped 1 palmful sweetened flaked coconut juice and zest of one lime 2 tbsp EVOO ½ tsp freshly ground pepper Grapefruit Arugula Salad 2 large Organic Rio Star Grapefruit […]
My great grandfather used to say, “I’ll eat any pie, so long as it’s apple.” I wonder if he would have been so enthusiastic about apple pie had he known just how much sugar and butter it usually has (and really, what the impact of these things is on our health). I like this recipe, […]
I’m still on an apple kick…so here’s a dinner recipe for ya. I like the juxtaposition of shallots (milder red onion flavor), sea salt, and apples in this recipe–it works really well with the chicken. Right now, if I had my way, I’d have this for dinner, and Baked Apples for dessert, followed by…I don’t […]
*sigh* It hasn’t even been a week, and I miss my oven. The weather turned chilly today, and I really really really wanted to make Baked Apples. Have you ever had them? Made right, and served with a tiny dollop of whipped cream, they’re a warm, sweet, low-calorie dessert, with fiber and protein to boot. […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce 12:35 AM
- Roasted Broccoli 9:51 PM
- Apples to Apples 8:18 PM
- Our Soy Milk Picks 7:22 PM
- Wiser Wednesdays #7: Gobble Like a Turkey 1:25 PM
- 20 Healthy Breakfast Ideas 2:47 PM
- How to Choose Better Bread 6:46 PM
- Wiser Wednesdays #6: Hummus It Up! 4:39 PM
- Brad: Great list! And thanks so much for including our c...
- Sia: I hear good things about the nutribullet. It is a ...
- Chris MacGregor: What about Costco's Kirkland Signature brand soy m...
- Lisa, MS, RD: Very well said, and my feelings exactly! Thank you...