Halibut’s sort of like the kiddie pool of seafood, meaning it’s great for people who are a little wary of eating anything with fins. It’s also less expensive and more sustainable than eating fish like Chilean Sea Bass. This lean protein has a firm, meaty texture and mild flavor, perfect for a variety of different flavor profiles. And […]
4-5 oz halibut (or cod) fillets, skinned 1 tbsp EVOO 1 cup red onion, sliced 4 cloves garlic, minced 8 oz mixed wild mushrooms, sliced 1/4 cup mild white wine, like Pinot Grigio 1 tube prepared polenta, sliced into 8 rounds 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 handful fresh basil, sliced […]
This a lower-sodium version of a traditional Puerto Rican fish stew — also known as Bacalao. Mmmmm! Puerto Rican Fish Stew (aka Bacalao) 2 tbsp EVOO 1 medium onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 lb flaky white fish, like haddok, tilapia, or cod, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces 1 14 oz can diced […]
Juice of one ruby red grapefruit 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp agave syrup 2 garlic cloves, minced 2 tsp EVOO 2 salmon fillets (4 oz each) ¼ tsp sea salt freshly ground black pepper 1. In a small saucepan, bring the grapefruit juice, vinegar, syrup, and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, […]
This being one of the months that ends with R means that it’s shellfish season again. Yes, it’s true that some shellfish are high in cholesterol. But according to a statement on what seafood you should eat released by the FDA et al, the type of cholesterol found in shellfish doesn’t have a negative impact on your health. […]
When it comes to mayonnaise, you may not spread a whole tablespoon-sized serving on your bread when you’re making a turkey sandwich, but many people do. And unfortunately, many Americans don’t estimate portion size correctly. The average tuna salad recipe requires more mayonnaise than a single serving. For example, the Best Foods website has a recipe […]
- The Skinny on Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Wiser Wednesdays #2: Battle of the Snack Bars July 17, 2013
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce Recipe November 16, 2011
- Baked Apple Recipe November 3, 2011
- Healthy Holiday Tips for a Lighter Season November 19, 2014
- Meet Zipongo’s Director of Biz Dev Socheata Poeuv November 13, 2014
- Get Your Brussels Sprouts – in Season Now November 10, 2014
- Getting Users on the Road to Healthy Eating November 6, 2014
- Del: This is awesome!...
- Jason Lau, MS, RD, CDN: Thank you so much for your comment! The recommende...
- Lisa: Great post! Because of our other common sources of...
- Bobby Maknoon: Glad you found it useful, Jason!...