While we’ve had a couple of recipes on this blog that would work really well with halibut, we haven’t specifically paid homage to its full glory. Halibut is the PERFECT fish. It’s sort of like the kiddie pool of seafood, meaning it’s great for people who are a little wary of eating anything with fins. […]
1 tbsp EVOO 1 cup red onion, sliced 4 cloves garlic, minced 8 oz mixed wild mushrooms, sliced 1/4 cup mild white wine, like Pinot Grigio 1 tube prepared polenta, sliced into 8 rounds 4-5oz halibut (or cod) fillets, skinned 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 handful fresh basil, sliced 1. […]
This a lower-sodium version of a traditional Puerto Rican fish stew. Mmmmm! 2 tbsp EVOO 1 medium onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 lb flaky white fish, like haddok, tilapia, or cod, cut into 1 ½ inch pieces 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes 2 bay leaves 1 Anaheim or poblano chile pepper, chopped […]
Juice of one ruby red grapefruit 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp agave syrup 2 garlic cloves, minced 2 tsp EVOO 2 salmon fillets (4 oz each) ¼ tsp sea salt freshly ground black pepper 1. In a small saucepan, bring the grapefruit juice, vinegar, syrup, and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, […]
1 tbsp EVOO 3 cloves garlic, sliced 1 fresh red chili (optional) 1 jar Newman’s Own Pasta Sauce freshly ground black pepper red wine vinegar 4 white fish fillets (like cod, tilapia, or mahi-mahi) sea salt a handful of black olives 1 tbsp capers, drained a handful of fresh basil, torn 1. Add olive oil […]
We’re back in the R months and the weather is getting colder. To me, this means one thing: Shellfish is in season again! I know, I know, you’re thinking, shellfish? But shellfish are high in cholesterol! That’s sort of true. But according to the statement on what seafood you should eat released by the FDA […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce November 16, 2011
- Omega Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Our Soy Milk Picks September 30, 2013
- Apples to Apples November 3, 2011
- Five Foods to Beat Stress July 22, 2014
- Five Popular “Health” Foods That Aren’t Really Healthy July 11, 2014
- Drinking Alcohol in a Healthy Diet July 1, 2014
- Restaurants 101: Thai June 26, 2014
- Lindsey Swanson: Finally a source that tries to remain objective an...
- Sia: You forgot "big stack of bacon"!...
- Brad: Great list! And thanks so much for including our c...
- Sia: I hear good things about the nutribullet. It is a ...