3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt ½ tbsp fresh dill or basil, chopped 1 tsp lemon juice 1 tsp dijon mustard a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste 2 slices whole-grain bread 1 hard-boiled egg, thinly sliced 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients. Season […]
Typically, Eggplant Parmesan is not a healthy food choice. Eggplant is a thirsty little sucker. It soaks up a lot of oil when fried, and on top of that, the garden-variety Eggplant Parmesan is usually breaded. Then, after the frying and the breading, there’s the cheese—lots and lots and lots of cheese—which packs on even […]
If you drink alcohol, this has happened to you. Maybe you got a little carried away with the Labor Day beers. Maybe a celebratory glass of champagne just didn’t settle right. Maybe a Friday evening started with a round of beers, continued with tequila shooters, proceeded with a really awesome drink you wish you remembered […]
Welcome back! Whether you or family are heading back to school, or if you’re just feeling the end of summer creeping up, we think you’ll appreciate the healthy deals we’re showcasing between now and Friday. Below, for each of the items this week we feature unique health information, and helpful recommendations for how to use […]
July 24th Healthy Deal: Annie Chun’s Seaweed Snacks Breakfast Healthy Cereal and Scrambled Egg Whites – 480 calories, 13g fiber, 32g protein, 65% Calcium Healthy Cereal w/ Banana – 415 calories, 19g of protein, 13g of Fiber, rich in Magnesium and Phosphorus and Calcium – ¾ cup of Uncle Sam Original Cereal – 140 calories […]
July 23rd Healthy Deal: Blue Diamond almonds Total Calories: 1766 Breakfast Multigrain Cereal Bowl, with Lowfat Yogurt and Strawberries – 360 calories, 20g protein, 7g fiber, high in calcium and Vitamin C & D, packed with probiotics Multigrain Cereal Bowl – 180 calories, 9g protein, 4g fiber, rich with Calcium and Vitamin D – […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce November 16, 2011
- Omega Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Our Soy Milk Picks September 30, 2013
- Apples to Apples November 3, 2011
- Five Foods to Beat Stress July 22, 2014
- Five Popular “Health” Foods That Aren’t Really Healthy July 11, 2014
- Drinking Alcohol in a Healthy Diet July 1, 2014
- Restaurants 101: Thai June 26, 2014
- Lindsey Swanson: Finally a source that tries to remain objective an...
- Sia: You forgot "big stack of bacon"!...
- Brad: Great list! And thanks so much for including our c...
- Sia: I hear good things about the nutribullet. It is a ...