This weekend, I was dogsitting for my mom, so I had the opportunity to go head-to-head with my nemesis. As you may remember, my one previous grilling experience was mostly disastrous. But, I learned that marinating your meat is a super easy way to reduce the production of the carcinogens that result from grilling. This […]
I’ve been known to go on vegetarian kicks every now and then. In college, I went vegan for about 6 months after I saw a really graphic video about the treatment of commercially-raised chickens. I’m not going to post it, but if you’re really curious, Google “chicken farming cruelty,” and you’re sure to find something […]
I grew up in a house where white rice and chicken was a staple meal. I’ve successfully converted to brown rice over the years, but my mom has been a little more difficult. The attempt to serve her brown rice usually goes something like this: Mom: “What kind of rice is this?” Me: “Brown rice.” […]
My first solo grilling attempt was…a learning experience, at best. Fortunately, it turned out to be pretty valuable, because I learned some important stuff about cooking food in a healthy way. It happened a few weeks ago, I had grilled once before (albeit under heavy supervision), so I didn’t think I’d have any trouble this […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce November 16, 2011
- Omega Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Our Soy Milk Picks September 30, 2013
- Apples to Apples November 3, 2011
- Five Foods to Beat Stress July 22, 2014
- Five Popular “Health” Foods That Aren’t Really Healthy July 11, 2014
- Drinking Alcohol in a Healthy Diet July 1, 2014
- Restaurants 101: Thai June 26, 2014
- Lindsey Swanson: Finally a source that tries to remain objective an...
- Sia: You forgot "big stack of bacon"!...
- Brad: Great list! And thanks so much for including our c...
- Sia: I hear good things about the nutribullet. It is a ...