This weekend, I was dogsitting for my mom, so I had the opportunity to go head-to-head with my nemesis. As you may remember, my one previous grilling experience was mostly disastrous. But, I learned that marinating your meat is a super easy way to reduce the production of the carcinogens that result from grilling. This [...]
I’ve been known to go on vegetarian kicks every now and then. In college, I went vegan for about 6 months after I saw a really graphic video about the treatment of commercially-raised chickens. I’m not going to post it, but if you’re really curious, Google “chicken farming cruelty,” and you’re sure to find something [...]
I grew up in a house where white rice and chicken was a staple meal. I’ve successfully converted to brown rice over the years, but my mom has been a little more difficult. The attempt to serve her brown rice usually goes something like this: Mom: “What kind of rice is this?” Me: “Brown rice.” [...]
My first solo grilling attempt was…a learning experience, at best. Fortunately, it turned out to be pretty valuable, because I learned some important stuff about cooking food in a healthy way. It happened a few weeks ago, I had grilled once before (albeit under heavy supervision), so I didn’t think I’d have any trouble this [...]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce November 16, 2011
- Roasted Broccoli November 7, 2011
- Apples to Apples November 3, 2011
- No-Mayo Tuna Salad August 31, 2011
- Buy Food in Bulk to Save Money March 26, 2013
- Healthy Recipes March 12, 2013
- How to Choose Safe Seafood March 11, 2013
- How To Avoid Wasting Food and Keep to your Grocery Budget January 31, 2013
- Selma Draxler: American Health Journal is seeking for partner sit...
- mystery guest: Love this history of tri-tip. Very interesting!...
- Carolyn Murphy: Hi there, Great question! It can sometimes be a l...
- visitor: How come none of your recipes have nutritional ana...