This weekend, I was dogsitting for my mom, so I had the opportunity to go head-to-head with my nemesis. As you may remember, my one previous grilling experience was mostly disastrous. But, I learned that marinating your meat is a super easy way to reduce the production of the carcinogens that result from grilling. This […]
I’ve been known to go on vegetarian kicks every now and then. In college, I went vegan for about 6 months after I saw a really graphic video about the treatment of commercially-raised chickens. I’m not going to post it, but if you’re really curious, Google “chicken farming cruelty,” and you’re sure to find something […]
I grew up in a house where white rice and chicken was a staple meal. I’ve successfully converted to brown rice over the years, but my mom has been a little more difficult. The attempt to serve her brown rice usually goes something like this: Mom: “What kind of rice is this?” Me: “Brown rice.” […]
My first solo grilling attempt was…a learning experience, at best. Fortunately, it turned out to be pretty valuable, because I learned some important stuff about cooking food in a healthy way. It happened a few weeks ago, I had grilled once before (albeit under heavy supervision), so I didn’t think I’d have any trouble this […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce November 16, 2011
- Apples to Apples November 3, 2011
- Our Soy Milk Picks September 30, 2013
- Roasted Broccoli November 7, 2011
- What Oils Should You Cook With? August 14, 2014
- Five Hidden Sources of Sugar August 12, 2014
- Three Healthy Snack Ideas August 5, 2014
- How to Build a Green Smoothie July 29, 2014
- Bobby Maknoon: Hi Liliana, The ...
- liliana: Thanks for the helpful post. Obviously we should...
- Lauren: Excellent list. Always looking for a lower calorie...
- jayashree: nice article...