At Zipongo, we’re huge fans of granola. But, of course, the kinds of granola we favor are wide-ranging, leaving us wondering which is the best granola brand in terms of taste and nutrition. In general, granola’s a healthy food. It’s full of whole grains and complex carbs, which makes it perfect for breakfast or a light snack. […]
It’s easy to look cool while you’re drinking a green smoothie. We here at Zipongo prefer smoothies over juices because they keep the whole fruit and veggie intact. This helps your body better absorb all of the good stuff. What goes into a green smoothie? Lots of things can! For a tasty, health-boosting treat, follow these […]
Age-old question, right? How the heck do you poach an egg without making a huge mess and losing most of the whites? There are a couple of different methods. You can buy special pans with little cups for the eggs (just Google “egg poacher” and there are about a million different gadgety solutions). But those […]
*sigh* It hasn’t even been a week, and I miss my oven. The weather turned chilly today, and I really really really wanted to make Baked Apples. Have you ever had them? Made right, and served with a tiny dollop of whipped cream, they’re a warm, sweet, low-calorie dessert, with fiber and protein to boot. […]
Steel-cut oatmeal takes a little too long to cook to fit into your morning routine, so here’s a way to make them in a slow cooker overnight. Just throw the ingredients in the pot before you go to bed, and you’ll have a nice hot breakfast in the morning. Steel-Cut Oatmeal in the Slow Cooker 1 cup Bob’s […]
If you’ve ever been out drinking alcohol with friends, you’ve probably gotten carried away a time or two. And the next day, you’ve woken up with a terrible hangover. Every now and then, the need for a good hangover cure arises. Eating something is good for the morning-after blues. But eating something healthy really will […]
Canned pumpkin is a convenient and tasty option for whipping up things like this tasty pumpkin smoothie. If you want to cook with a whole pumpkin, Sugar Pie pumpkin is the most common variety; Sugar Pies are usually smaller and sweeter than pumpkins used for carving. Other pumpkins you can try are Kabocha, Cinderella, Long […]
Canned pumpkin is a convenient and easy option for cooking things like pumpkin steel-cut oats. If you’d rather cook with a whole pumpkin, Sugar Pie pumpkin is the most common variety to work with; Sugar Pie pumpkins are usually smaller and sweeter than pumpkins used for carving. Other pumpkins you can try out include Kabocha, […]
- The Skinny on Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Wiser Wednesdays #2: Battle of the Snack Bars July 17, 2013
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce Recipe November 16, 2011
- Baked Apple Recipe November 3, 2011
- Healthy Holiday Tips for a Lighter Season November 19, 2014
- Meet Zipongo’s Director of Biz Dev Socheata Poeuv November 13, 2014
- Get Your Brussels Sprouts – in Season Now November 10, 2014
- Getting Users on the Road to Healthy Eating November 6, 2014
- Del: This is awesome!...
- Jason Lau, MS, RD, CDN: Thank you so much for your comment! The recommende...
- Lisa: Great post! Because of our other common sources of...
- Bobby Maknoon: Glad you found it useful, Jason!...