BPA is a chemical found in plastic containers and metal cans. You might have spotted reusable bottles that have a sticker saying “BPA-free” on them. The use of BPA is controversial, because too much of it may have some negative health effects. What is BPA? BPA, or bisphenol A, is a chemical used to make […]
Deep frying is known for making foods “fattening”. Frying multiplies the fat and calorie content without adding any beneficial nutrients. But, if you have a craving for something fried, there are some tricks you can use to lighten things up as much as possible. What Frying Does Adds Fat and Calories: The most obvious thing that […]
One of the easiest ways to improve your diet is to cut out sugary drinks. While looking for an alternative, the Zipongo team discovered infused beverages. By adding a few fresh ingredients to water or iced tea, you can add refreshing flavors, natural sugars, and antioxidants. Sugar-sweetened beverages have little to no benefit. They contain […]
Cholesterol is a fat-like material in your blood that is vital to normal body function. It is used in production of cell membranes, hormones, vitamin metabolism, and nerve insulation. Every cell in your body has cholesterol in its outer layer. The liver makes cholesterol which is transported through the blood by lipoproteins. The most commonly tested […]
1. Start with a good foundation. 2. Pick a protein. or 3. Add crunch and color. 4. Maybe something tart or sweet? 5. Healthy fats: Satiating mouthfeel. 6. Dressing
Becoming more heathy is one of the most common New Years resolutions. However, sticking to your resolution can be difficult if your goals are too large and too strict. Choosing an easy, realistic New Years resolution can help you achieve your goal of attaining and maintaining health. Here are Zipongo’s Top 10 Easy New Year’s […]
Need to get some quick food for a holiday party? Whether you are hosting a gathering at home or picking up something on the way to a party, here are a few holiday party snacks you can get pre-made in the grocery store. Spice Up The Crudité In the produce section, you will likely the […]
Many of those who suffer from lactose intolerance can tolerate yogurt made from cow’s milk, as the beneficial bacteria in yogurt helps to break down lactose. But, as someone who is lactose intolerant, this has never been true for me. As a general rule of thumb for any kind of yogurt, look for plain, unsweetened […]
Getting back to healthy eating after a big holiday can be tricky, especially when we indulge a bit more at Thanksgiving dinner than we originally planned. Luckily, there are many healthy habits that can help you make up for some of the overindulging. Follow these tips to help you get back to healthy eating the day […]
When planning for the holidays try out the following recipes for side dishes that won’t add stress to your day or your waistline. These dishes are a great way to deliver traditional sides that will nourish the body and soul. Stuffing Wild Rice Stuffing (65 minutes) Cranberry Apple Stuffing (55 minutes) Farro and Mushroom Dressing (50 minutes) […]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce November 16, 2011
- Omega Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Our Soy Milk Picks September 30, 2013
- Apples to Apples November 3, 2011
- Five Foods to Beat Stress July 22, 2014
- Five Popular “Health” Foods That Aren’t Really Healthy July 11, 2014
- Drinking Alcohol in a Healthy Diet July 1, 2014
- Restaurants 101: Thai June 26, 2014
- Lindsey Swanson: Finally a source that tries to remain objective an...
- Sia: You forgot "big stack of bacon"!...
- Brad: Great list! And thanks so much for including our c...
- Sia: I hear good things about the nutribullet. It is a ...