Entertaining this weekend? These easy, nutrient-packed desserts are great for Spring get-togethers. Apple Cranberry Crumble Serves 4 Filling 3 cups chopped apple with skin 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries 2 tsp brown sugar 1 tsp cornstarch 1 tbsp of lemon juice Crumble Top 2 tsp brown sugar 2 tsp whole wheat flour 2 tbsp […]
You may be wondering about CVE-2014-0160 (aka the Heartbleed Bug) in OpenSSL. Zipongo is happy to report that there is no evidence that our servers have been affected. This can be validated here. However, in order to secure our data from this point forward, we’ve: updated all of our servers with the latest patch to […]
Packing your lunch can be a challenge. You want a delicious, balanced meal that travels well and doesn’t take too long to prepare. Never fear! Here are our tips for packing an easy-to-make healthy lunch. Pack Leftovers The quickest way to throw together lunch is to use something you’ve already made. Plan ahead with your […]
Here’s a handy reference on a few common bulk food items–what they are and how to cook them.
Our healthy recipes are doing a lot of different things for you. Here’s how to take advantage of them!
A great infographic from Greatist on how to make the healthiest and most sustainable sea food choices for yourself and your family: Get health and fitness tips at Greatist.com.
Baked Apples 1 small baking apple 2 tbsp chopped dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cranberries, prunes, etc) 1 tbsp chopped walnuts 1 tbsp quick oats 1 tsp brown sugar 1/8 tsp cinnamon 1/8 tsp nutmeg 1/2 tsp canola oil greek yogurt (optional, for breakfast) 1. Using an apple corer or small paring knife, remove half of […]
On dreary winter days, you may notice your mood and energy levels being a little down. This may be the result of a lack of sunlight, which is how your body synthesizes Vitamin D. According to Web MD, Your body must have vitamin D to absorb calcium and promote bone growth. Too little vitamin D […]
Most cardiologists agree that beef is something that should be eaten in moderation. Granted, you can increase the health factor by choosing leaner options like filet mignon, lean ground beef and beef tenderloin. But what about the steak sauce? Steak’s often prepared in a way that adds a lot of sodium, and sodium on top of beef’s […]
Making latke recipes healthier involves finding ones that: mix the potato with something else (beets, for example). limit the amount of oil you use. avoid high-calorie toppings like sour cream. Check out the following recipes for Wild Mushroom Latkes and Pear Potato Latkes. Although both latke recipes call for an initial go in the frying pan, […]
- The Skinny on Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids January 23, 2014
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce Recipe November 16, 2011
- Baked Apple Recipe November 3, 2011
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Pine Nuts Recipe November 7, 2011
- Four Food Safety Tips to Stay Hale and Hearty October 1, 2014
- Why Seaweed Is So Good — and Good for You Too September 23, 2014
- Condiments 101: The Lowdown on the Top Five September 18, 2014
- Zipongo Welcomes New Hire Jason Prodoehl September 10, 2014
- Jason Lau, MS, RD, CDN: Thank you so much for your comment! The recommende...
- Lisa: Great post! Because of our other common sources of...
- Bobby Maknoon: Glad you found it useful, Jason!...
- 大樂透獎金: Wonderful website, thank You !!...