Here’s a handy reference on a few common bulk food items–what they are and how to cook them.
Our healthy recipes are doing a lot of different things for you. Here’s how to take advantage of them!
A great infographic from Greatist on how to make the healthiest and most sustainable sea food choices for yourself and your family: Get health and fitness tips at Greatist.com.
Over the past several years, I’ve realized there is a true art to grocery shopping on a budget. Too many times I’ve had to throw away old food that I’ve spent my hard-earned dollars on. For families who have several mouths to feed, the grocery budget can be even more critical, and it’s just as [...]
Have you set a goal to eat more veggies in 2013? Here’s our advice for avoiding an awkward mealtime moment
With the holiday season coming to a close, you’re bound to be thinking: What the heck do I do with all this extra food? How do I use it up before I get sick of it? Here’s a “Put a bird on it!” solution: Leftover Casserole. It’s whatever meat you’ve got (turkey, pork, beef, chicken, [...]
Baked Santas (or, Baked Apples) 1 small baking apple 2 tbsp chopped dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cranberries, prunes, etc) 1 tbsp chopped walnuts 1 tbsp quick oats 1 tsp brown sugar 1/8 tsp cinnamon 1/8 tsp nutmeg 1/2 tsp canola oil greek yogurt (optional, for breakfast) 1. Using an apple corer or small paring knife, [...]
On dreary winter days, you may notice your mood and energy levels being a little down. This may be the result of a lack of sunlight, which is how your body synthesizes Vitamin D. According to Web MD, Your body must have vitamin D to absorb calcium and promote bone growth. Too little vitamin D [...]
Most cardiologist agree that beef is something that should be eaten in moderation. Granted, you can increase the health factor by choosing leaner cuts like filet mignon, lean ground beef, and beef tenderloin. But, the next problem is the sauce: Steak is often prepared in a way that adds a lot of sodium, and sodium [...]
Last year for Hanukkah, I posted a recipe for Beet-Walnut Latkes with Goat Cheese. The healthification trick with latkes three-fold: 1. Mix the potato with something else, 2. Limit the amount of oil you use, and 3. Avoid high-calorie toppings like sour cream. The Beet-Walnut Latkes are made entirely in the oven, with no frying [...]
- Poppin’ Cranberry Sauce November 16, 2011
- Roasted Broccoli November 7, 2011
- Apples to Apples November 3, 2011
- No-Mayo Tuna Salad August 31, 2011
- Buy Food in Bulk to Save Money March 26, 2013
- Healthy Recipes March 12, 2013
- How to Choose Safe Seafood March 11, 2013
- How To Avoid Wasting Food and Keep to your Grocery Budget January 31, 2013
- Selma Draxler: American Health Journal is seeking for partner sit...
- mystery guest: Love this history of tri-tip. Very interesting!...
- Carolyn Murphy: Hi there, Great question! It can sometimes be a l...
- visitor: How come none of your recipes have nutritional ana...